As we continue to explore the values that will shape the future of Event Genius – from discussing how we decided upon them, to examining what each means in practice – attention turns to the next value at the core of what we do: We are Open.
Being open means that:
• Sincerity and candour drive how and what we communicate
• We’re unafraid of dissent and messengers are embraced and listened to (never shot!).
• We ask questions and ask for help when we need it.
• We are engaged with our work, identifying opportunities for change and constantly challenging each other constructively.
It does not mean that:
• Directness is a licence for rudeness.
• Feedback is an endpoint without follow-up action or acknowledgement.
• We are careless with our language and manipulative in our actions.
• Showing vulnerability is letting your team down.
"I think it’s really exciting that we have ‘We are Open’ as a value; when something is open it implies something can be taken out of it, and hopefully something good!
There are different ways that we can demonstrate openness in the workplace; whether it’s being open to feedback, open to change, open to putting your hand up and asking for assistance.
I think the beauty of openness is also that it doesn’t require us to run out and make radical changes necessarily straight away, but at a minimum it helps us to listen and genuinely consider new ideas, and the people, the messengers, behind them."
Tell us about your events and discover how Event Genius will help you deliver unforgettable experiences from the moments tickets go on sale, until the music stops.